Monday, May 30, 2011

Knock-Off Finally Finished!

And here it is ready on the LAST day of the knock-off contest at Pattern Review:
I can't believe how much time and re-drafting I have done on this pattern! It looked so simple when I started but you readers that have been following my blog know how many "muslins" I've sewed (some of which I like better than the final item!)   It has been a fun experience and I've learned so much about pattern drafting.

This is about all that I have sewed on for the whole month of May! I'm ready to tackle something else now.
                                                                            

5 comments:

  1. You have been incredibly persistent, Peggy! But the final dress was worth it - it looks great and very close to the original!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You pretty much nailed it. AND you managed to pull off elegant and funky at the same time! I think it looks great on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peg, it is an elegant garment. Well done! May we please see the back, some time?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Success at last! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great! What persistence. I would like to see the back too since I may want to emulate you and your design.

    ReplyDelete